Piccadilly Basin, Manchester – Jackson’s Warehouse
The Grade II* listed Jackson’s Warehouse, built in 1836 for the Rochdale Canal Company, was the last of the canal warehouses constructed in the Piccadilly Basin area of Manchester city centre.
This 6 storey brick warehouse has timber floors supported on cast iron columns and features full height, multi stage loading slots, some still incorporating the original winding gear at the head. The fabric of the building was repaired and preserved and it has been converted to residential and retail use as a key element of the wider development plan for the Piccadilly Basin site. Jackson’s Warehouse won the Commendation for Best Sustainable Project in the IStructE North West Regional Structural Awards 2005.
CLIENT – Country and Metropolitan Homes
ROLE – Structural Engineer
ARCHITECT – Michael Hyde & Associates
COST - £4.5mBack to Portfolio - Buildings