Piccadilly Basin, Manchester – Carver’s Warehouse
The Grade II* listed Carver’s Warehouse, built in 1806, is the oldest surviving warehouse in Manchester city centre. It is the only one whose external walls are constructed wholly from stone and retains virtually all of its original timber and cast iron internal structure. We have converted the building into commercial office and studio space, with the addition of a contemporary two storey building fronting onto Dale Street to accommodate meeting rooms and a café. A four storey steel and glass atrium links the new and existing together with bridge links at each floor level. The building was completed in February 2008.
CLIENT – Town Centre Securities plc
ROLE – Structural Engineer, Project Manager, Construction Manager
ARCHITECT – Ian Simpson Architects/Stan Broster Design
COST - £4.5mBack to Portfolio - Buildings